When the son of man comes in all his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in Heavenly Glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a Shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, come you are blessed by my father, take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
You can see this picture language from Jesus employed in the Christian creeds.
The following words come from the Nicene Creed. A disciple of Jesus confesses faith in the one Lord Jesus Christ, who for us men and for our salvation...
- came down from heaven and
- was incarnate by the Holy Spirit
- of the virgin Mary and made man;
- He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate.
- He suffered and
- was buried.
- The third day He rose again according to the Scriptures
- ascended into heaven and
- sits at the right hand of the Father.
- He will come again with glory
- to judge both the living and the dead,
- whose kingdom will have no end
Lord, Lord, ever since You renewed Peter’s call and told him "take care of my sheep", You have sought disciples to do the will of the Father and care for Your sheep. I want to reflect Your heart as my shepherd, who gave Your life for the sheep. As both sheep and shepherd-helper, let me be a blessing to the others around me; in Your name I pray Jesus. Amen.
Psalm 119:1-8 (Aleph)
- Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
- Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
- they do no wrong
but follow his ways.
- You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.
- Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!
- Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.
- I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
- I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.
Teaching or Command of God
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be
content with what you have…
…because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
How could praising God with an upright heart be different from praising Him with a corrupt heart?